|Winter Season in Paris|
Paris during Christmas is a magical season. Paris is dressed into thousands lights to bring the magic of Christmas. Streets, boutiques, restaurants and neighborhoods will sparkle throughout the end of the year. Department store windows and decorations add an extra touch of glitter to dazzle us!
Christmas markets are a long tradition back to the Middle Ages in Europe. The little chalets (cabanas), the smell of mulled wine, nothing is more comforting than going for a walk in the Christmas markets. There are craftsmen, delicacies to put us in the festive atmosphere and help us find gift ideas.
- The Champ-de-Mars Christmas Village takes place December 16, 2022 – January 2, 2023
- The Paris City Hall Christmas Village takes place December 2, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- The Tuileries Garden Christmas Market is open November 19, 2022 – January 8, 2023
- La Défense Christmas Market is open November 23 – December 24, 2022
- The Saint Germain des Prés Christmas Market is open November 26, 2022 – January 1, 2023
- The Alsatian Christmas market – Gare de l’Est is open November 30, 2022 – December 16, 2022
In addition, during Christmas holidays, the ice rinks arrive in the capital and you can enjoy them as a couple, with family or friends.
- The Christmas rink in the Tuileries Garden (Next to the Louvre)
- The ice rink of Champ-de-Mars Christmas village (Next to the Eiffel Tower)
- The ephemeral ice rink on the roof of the Grande Arche (La Défense business district)
- The indoor ice rink at the Accor Arena (Bercy)
Department stores during Christmas
Printemps Haussmann, Galeries Lafayette but also Le Bon Marché, La Samaritaine and BHV offer lively Christmas window displays. They enchant the storefronts of Parisian department stores on very varied partitions (forests, gifts, elves, nature…). The creative teams worked for a year to develop animated paintings, revealing the magic of the holidays.
- Christmas showcases at Printemps on the theme of the Circus
- Christmas windows at Le Bon Marché: “The Christmas ball factory”
- Christmas windows at the BHV: “Christmas in Provence”
- Christmas windows at Galeries Lafayette: “Planète Sapin”
- Christmas windows at La Samaritaine: “Paris leads the dance”
The Marché de Noel Paris Notre Dame
December 19 – December 26, 2022 : Visit the Christmas market and the Cathedral of Notre Dame forecourt with Christmas spirit just in front of the main entrance with the 3 doors/gates. The cathedral was begun in 1160 and was completed between 1250 and 1270 under King Saint Louis, though it was modified and completed frequently in the following centuries. In addition, churches of Paris offer magnificent Nativity scenes, celebrations, concerts and Christmas mass obviously.
For 2022, the Christmas Lights on the Champs Elysées are officially switched on November 20 in a ceremony beginning at 5pm. The Champs Elysées is car-free for the occasion. Discover Paris during Christmas, a must see !