Have an “Amelie” Tour
Amelie : Le Fabuleux Destin d’Amélie Poulain is a 2001 romantic comedy film directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Written by Jeunet with Guillaume Laurant, the film is a whimsical depiction of contemporary Parisian life, set in Montmartre. Discover where Amelie lives in Paris with our tailor made private tour guide.
A romantic comedy film
It tells the story of a shy and complex waitress, played by Audrey Tautou, who decides to change the lives of those around her for the better while struggling with her own life. The film received critical acclaim, with praise for Tautou’s performance, for the cinematography, for production design, and for writing. Amelie won Best Film at the European Film Awards; it also won 4 César Awards, including Best Film and Best Director. It won 2 British Academy Film Awards, including Best Original Screenplay, and was nominated for 5 Academy Awards, including Best Foreign Language Film and Best Original Screenplay.
Amelie : “It is better to help people than garden gnomes.”
So let’s take an Amelie in Paris – inspired tour :
- It is at the Canal Saint-Martin under the Pont écluse bridge that Amélie Poulain likes to ricochet
- Notre Dame de Paris where little Amelie is taken by her mother in hope “heaven will give her a little brother”
- The marché de la Butte is a food store where Lucien works and very close to Amelie Poulain’s home
- Piscine des Amiraux, the swimming pool which served as the backdrop is now listed as a historical monument
- The Café des Deux Moulins where Amélie is a waitress, rue Lepic in Montmartre
- Square Willette and its old-fashioned merry-go-round, at the foot of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica
- Garden of Luxembourg, stroll through the beautiful garden, where Amélie enjoys a whimsical daydream.
- Photomaton, experience a classic Parisian photo booth session, inspired by the movie’s photomaton scenes
- Wall of Love, discover the romantic “I Love You” wall, where Amélie has her first encounter with Nino
[wpforms id=”13141″ description=”true”]