Carrie Bradshow in Paris
Sex and the city in Paris : Discover all the places with our private tour guide, custom made by PARIS BY EMY, where Carrie spent her time in the City of Lights. Sex and the city is an emblematic series of New York, but also of Paris !
Sex and the city in Paris Series
Sex and the City is an American romantic comedy-drama television series created by Darren Star for HBO. It is an adaptation of Candace Bushnell’s 1997 book. The series premiered in the United States on June 6, 1998, and concluded on February 22, 2004, with 94 episodes broadcast over 6 seasons. Set and filmed in New York City, the show follows the lives of a group of four women—three in their mid-thirties and one in her forties— starring Sarah Jessica Parker (as Carrie Bradshaw) and co-starring Kim Cattrall (as Samantha Jones), Kristin Davis (as Charlotte York), and Cynthia Nixon (as Miranda Hobbes), who, despite their different natures and ever-changing sex lives, remain inseparable and confide in each other. Grand finale for the most New Yorker of journalists, Carrie Bradshaw : Art, fashion, and romance in the capital rhythm the last two episodes of the legendary series. Like Carrie, let yourself be seduced and feel the romance :
Carrie’s final voiceover states : “The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”
So let’s take a Sex and the city in Paris – inspired tour :
- The KONG restaurant on Paris rooftops – Carrie met her fiancé’s ex-wife at this chic restaurant 1 rue du Pont neuf
- Place Saint Sulpice – It’s where Carrie calls Miranda to tell her that life in Paris is not as beautiful as she expected
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée – Where Aleksandr Petrovsky (Mikhail Baryshnikov) offers Carrie an impressive diamond jewelry
- Jeu de Paume Museum – Totally taken up by his exposition, Aleksandr Petrovsky ignores Carrie all evening
- Pont des Arts in Saint Germain – Mister Big (Chris Noth) meets Carrie to declare finally « Carrie, you’re the one »
- Place Dauphine – Carrie and Aleksandr live a veritable moment of joy in this square embodying the romantic Paris
- Dior boutique at 30 Avenue Montaigne – Dior is amongst the compulsory addresses for the fashion fiend that Carrie is
If you’re interested in a Sex and the City-themed private tour in Paris, there are several options available that can help you relive some of the show’s iconic moments. Here’s a suggested itinerary for your tour:
- Start your day at the famous Café de Flore in Saint-Germain-des-Prés, where Carrie and her friends often met for coffee and gossip. Enjoy a cup of coffee and immerse yourself in the ambiance of the show.
- Take a stroll along the charming streets of Le Marais, where you can visit designer boutiques and trendy shops, reminiscent of Carrie’s fashion-forward style. Don’t forget to check out the famous boutique Colette, which was featured in the show.
- Head to the Pont des Arts, the bridge famous for its love locks. In Season 6, Carrie and Aleksandr Petrovsky attached a lock to this bridge, symbolizing their love. Enjoy the romantic atmosphere and take in the breathtaking views of the Seine River.
- Visit the Musée d’Orsay, where Carrie and Aleksandr had a memorable date. Explore the museum’s collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist masterpieces, just like they did in the show.
- Stop by Ladurée on the Champs-Élysées, a famous patisserie where Carrie and her friends indulged in delicious macarons. Treat yourself to these delectable French treats and feel like a true Sex and the City character.
- End your tour with a visit to the iconic Eiffel Tower. In the final episode of the series, Carrie and her friends gathered near the Eiffel Tower for a memorable photo shoot. Capture your own memories and enjoy the beauty of this Parisian landmark.
Remember, this is just a suggested itinerary, and you can customize your tour based on your preferences and interests. There are also specialized Sex and the City tours available that are led by knowledgeable guides who can provide you with more insights and behind-the-scenes information about the show’s filming locations in Paris. Enjoy your Sex and the City adventure in the City of Love!