Top Things to Do in Paris
Paris, the enchanting capital of France, is a city that epitomizes beauty, history, and culture. From its iconic landmarks to its charming neighborhoods, Paris offers a plethora of experiences for every traveler. If you’re planning a visit to the City of Light, here are the top things to do in Paris that will make your trip truly unforgettable.
Your Top Things to do in Paris
We create your Top Things to do in the city of lights via themes and activities, according to your wishes, priorities and budget. Parisian local expert with a great Parisian network, we plan tailor-made Trip and private tours.
Paris, often called the “City of Love,” is renowned for its romantic ambiance, stunning architecture, and rich cultural heritage. Whether you’re a history buff, art enthusiast, or simply a curious traveler, Paris offers a multitude of attractions and activities to suit your interests.
- Explore the Eiffel Tower
No visit to Paris is complete without marveling at the iconic Eiffel Tower. This towering structure stands as a symbol of the city and offers breathtaking panoramic views from its observation decks. You can choose to ascend the tower by stairs or elevator and enjoy the stunning vistas of Paris spread out before you.
- Stroll Along the Champs-Élysées
The Champs-Élysées, one of the world’s most famous avenues, is a must-visit destination in Paris. Lined with high-end shops, cafés, and theaters, this grand boulevard exudes elegance and charm. Take a leisurely walk, indulge in some retail therapy, or savor a delicious meal at one of the many chic restaurants along the way.
- Visit the Louvre Museum
Home to some of the world’s most celebrated artworks, the Louvre Museum is a treasure trove of cultural and historical significance. Be sure to witness the enigmatic smile of the Mona Lisa, marvel at the grandeur of the Venus de Milo, and explore the vast collection of masterpieces spanning different eras and civilizations.
- Discover Montmartre
Montmartre, a bohemian neighborhood in Paris, exudes artistic charm and picturesque streets. Take a leisurely stroll through the winding cobblestone lanes, visit the famous Sacré-Cœur Basilica, and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of this enchanting enclave. Don’t forget to visit the Place du Tertre, where local artists showcase their talent.
- Cruise Along the Seine River
Embark on a scenic boat cruise along the Seine River, which meanders through the heart of Paris. Admire the architectural splendor of iconic landmarks like Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Louvre Museum, and the Musée d’Orsay as you glide along the gentle waters. It’s a magical way to appreciate the city’s beauty from a different perspective.
- Indulge in French Cuisine
Paris is a culinary paradise, and indulging in French cuisine is an essential part of any visit. From cozy bistros to Michelin-starred restaurants, the city offers an array of gastronomic delights. Treat yourself to escargots, foie gras, macarons, and other iconic French delicacies that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
- Wander Through the Latin Quarter
The Latin Quarter, located on the Left Bank of the Seine, is a vibrant neighborhood known for its lively atmosphere and intellectual legacy. Explore its narrow streets lined with bookshops, cafés, and historic buildings. Visit the prestigious Sorbonne University and soak up the intellectual and bohemian ambiance that has inspired countless writers and artists.
- Experience the Notre-Dame Cathedral
A masterpiece of Gothic architecture, the Notre-Dame Cathedral is a symbol of Paris and a testament to the city’s rich religious heritage. Admire the intricate details of its façade, marvel at the stunning stained glass windows, and climb to the top of the towers for panoramic views of Paris.
- Enjoy the Beauty of Versailles
A short trip from Paris, the Palace of Versailles is a UNESCO World Heritage site renowned for its opulent gardens and grandiose architecture. Explore the lavish rooms of the palace, wander through the meticulously landscaped gardens, and witness the awe-inspiring Hall of Mirrors.
- Immerse Yourself in Art at Musée d’Orsay
Housed in a former railway station, the Musée d’Orsay is a paradise for art lovers. It showcases an extensive collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist masterpieces by renowned artists like Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh, and Cézanne. Lose yourself in the beauty of these timeless artworks and gain a deeper appreciation for the art movements that shaped the world.
- Admire the Architecture of Sainte-Chapelle
Tucked away on the Île de la Cité, Sainte-Chapelle is a hidden gem that boasts exquisite stained glass windows and intricate Gothic architecture. Step inside this jewel-like chapel and be mesmerized by the kaleidoscope of colors that filter through the glass, depicting biblical stories and celestial scenes.
- Shop at Galeries Lafayette
If you’re in the mood for some retail therapy, head to Galeries Lafayette, a renowned department store that showcases the latest trends and luxury brands. Explore its grand halls, admire the stunning stained glass dome, and indulge in a shopping spree for fashion, accessories, cosmetics, and gourmet treats.
- Attend a Cabaret Show at Moulin Rouge
Experience the allure of Parisian nightlife by attending a cabaret show at the iconic Moulin Rouge. Be captivated by the dazzling costumes, mesmerizing performances, and the vibrant atmosphere of this legendary venue. It’s an evening of glamour, music, and entertainment that will transport you to the heyday of Parisian bohemian culture.
- Take a Day Trip to the Palace of Fontainebleau
For those seeking an escape from the bustling city, a day trip to the Palace of Fontainebleau is highly recommended. Located just outside Paris, this magnificent château offers a glimpse into the lives of French monarchs throughout history. Explore the opulent interiors, stroll through the sprawling gardens, and imagine the stories that unfolded within these regal walls.
Paris is a city that captivates visitors with its timeless beauty, rich history, and vibrant culture. Whether you’re exploring its iconic landmarks, savoring its culinary delights, or immersing yourself in its artistic heritage, the City of Light offers an unforgettable experience. So, pack your bags, embrace the charm of Paris, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Q: What is the best time to visit Paris?
- A: The best time to visit Paris is during the spring (April to June) and fall (September to October) seasons when the weather is pleasant, and the tourist crowds are relatively smaller.
- Q: How can I get around Paris?
- A: Paris has an extensive public transportation system, including the metro, buses, and trams, which are efficient and convenient for getting around the city. Walking is also a popular way to explore Paris, as many attractions are within walking distance of each other.
- Q: Are English speakers widely understood in Paris?
- A: While French is the official language in Paris, many locals, especially those working in the tourism industry, can communicate in English. However, it’s always helpful to learn a few basic French phrases to enhance your experience.
- Q: Can I climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower?
- A: Yes, visitors can ascend to the top of the Eiffel Tower either by stairs or elevator. However, it’s recommended to book tickets in advance to avoid long queues, especially during peak tourist seasons.
- Q: Is it safe to travel alone in Paris?
- A: Paris is generally a safe city for solo travelers. However, it’s essential to take common safety precautions, such as staying vigilant in crowded areas, keeping your belongings secure, and avoiding isolated or poorly lit areas at night.
Get Your Personalized top things to do in Paris
We set every trip from the blank page to its completion, always keeping in mind elements that are essential for you. Whether you visit the City of Lights for its gastronomy, for the so romantic streets of Montmartre, for its major historical landmarks or for its art museums, the French capital will always succeed to make you fall in love, with passion.
Get inspirations with the PARIS BY EMY themes :
- Parisian icons
- Historical Paris
- French Cuisine
- Art & museums
- Sacred places
- Landmarks & sightseeing
- Green Paris
- Outside Paris
Thanks to our creativity and dedication, we guarantee to set your Top Things to do in Paris.