LGBT Friendly Churches Near Me in Paris
Paris, known as the “City of Love,” is a vibrant and diverse city that celebrates individuality and acceptance. For members of the LGBTQ+ community who are seeking spiritual guidance and a welcoming environment, there are several LGBT-friendly churches in Paris that embrace inclusivity and equality. We will explore some of the notable churches in Paris that actively support and welcome the LGBTQ+ community.
1 John 4:7-8 7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
God is LOVE. God loves ALL His children, from an unshakable bond. LGBT people must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination or hate in their regard should be avoided. They have worth, they have value and they are children of God like everyone else. They shall not be persecuted or marginalized in any way. The LGBT must never be excluded from the pastoral care, love and concern of the Church.
- Eglise Saint-Merri
One of the most prominent LGBT-friendly churches in Paris is Eglise Saint-Merri. Located in the vibrant Marais district, this church has a long history of promoting inclusivity and advocating for social justice. Eglise Saint-Merri welcomes people of all sexual orientations and gender identities and offers various programs and support groups for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Eglise Protestante Unie de France
The Eglise Protestante Unie de France is a Protestant church in Paris that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone, including the LGBTQ+ community. The church strongly believes in the principles of equality and social justice, and their inclusive approach has made it a popular choice among individuals seeking an LGBT-friendly place of worship.
- American Church in Paris
The American Church in Paris, located in the heart of Paris, is known for its inclusive and welcoming environment. This church is committed to providing a safe and affirming space for people of all backgrounds and orientations. With various ministries and programs dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusivity, the American Church in Paris is a popular choice for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Eglise Saint-Paul-Saint-Louis
Eglise Saint-Paul-Saint-Louis is a Catholic church in the Marais district of Paris, which has gained recognition for its welcoming stance towards the LGBTQ+ community. The church actively promotes acceptance and love for all individuals, regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity. It organizes inclusive events and supports LGBTQ+ initiatives, making it a significant spiritual home for many in the community.
- Eglise Saint-Eustache
Located in the heart of Paris, Eglise Saint-Eustache is a historic church known for its rich cultural heritage. This church is open to all individuals, and its welcoming atmosphere has attracted a diverse congregation, including members of the LGBTQ+ community. Eglise Saint-Eustache celebrates the uniqueness of each individual and encourages inclusivity through its various programs and events.
Notre-Dame-des-Blancs-Manteaux is a historic Catholic church located in the Marais district. Recognized for its architectural beauty, this church is known for its welcoming atmosphere and openness to the LGBT community.
David & Jonathan, founded in 1972 in Paris, is not affiliated with any denomination or religious institution. However, many of its members are personally involved in different churches. David & Jonathan clearly displays its ecumenical and plural vision.
- Fight against AIDS: David & Jonathan participated in the creation of Christians & AIDS and many AIDES branches. The association also cooperates with Sida Info Service
- Militance in collaboration with Inter-LGBT and in strong friendly relationship with Jewish (Beït Haverim with monthly party, shabbath dinner, Cineclub located in Paris ) and Muslim (HM2F A mosque open to homosexuals near Paris) LGBT associations
- International action in collaboration with the European Forum of Gay and Lesbian Christian Groups and first French member of ILGA-Europe (International lesbian and gay association)
- Finally, David & Jonathan actively participates in Pride Marches, World Homophobia Day (May 17) and World AIDS Day (December 1)
In a city as diverse as Paris, finding an LGBT-friendly church is possible. Eglise Saint-Merri, Eglise Protestante Unie de France and several other churches not necessary listed on this page in Paris strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for the LGBTQ+ community. These churches provide a safe space for individuals to worship and connect with others to share their Faith. We believe in an unshakable bond between God and ALL his children, we are in inclusing, not exclusing. We believe in love, not hate.
- Are these churches open to people of all faiths and backgrounds?
- Yes, these churches welcome individuals of all faiths and backgrounds, regardless of their religious affiliation.
- Can I attend services and events at these churches without being a member?
- Absolutely! These churches encourage visitors and provide opportunities for individuals to participate in their services and events, regardless of membership.
- Do these churches offer support groups or counseling services specifically for the LGBTQ+ community?
- Yes, some of these churches have support groups and counseling services tailored to the needs of the LGBTQ+ community. They understand the unique challenges individuals may face and provide a supportive environment for seeking guidance and support.
- How can I find more information about these churches and their upcoming events?
- You can visit the websites of these churches or reach out to them directly. Or you can contact PARIS BY EMY to put you in touch with a church. You may have questions and want to talk with a priest.
- Are these churches involved in any LGBTQ+ advocacy or community outreach activities?
- Yes, many of these churches actively participate in LGBTQ+ advocacy and community outreach activities. They support initiatives that promote equality, acceptance, and social justice.
In conclusion, Paris offers a range of LGBT-friendly churches that provide spiritual solace and a sense of community for individuals seeking an inclusive place of worship. Discover activities for the LGBT in Paris or ask for a Christian tour in Paris.